I’ve been on hiatus for a while, since life has been insanely busy from me flying around, performances, teaching and other work. Since my last post, I’ve been in the Netherlands, to the middle of nowhere Illinois and to New York City (twice!)
However, travelling everywhere just makes me think of home! So what’s better than a recipe by my grandmother?
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled [fresh is key, not those frozen and salted ones in the freezer section!]
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaped tablespoons of grandma’s chili paste
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or other cooking oil)
In a heated work, add oil, and add minced garlic.
When the garlic starts to brown on the edges, add the peel shrimp.
When the shrimp starts becoming pink, add the chili paste, salt, sugar and chicken stock.
Fry everything until the shrimp is cooked.
Serve and enjoy!